Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Well after much anticipation it finally came. Mitchell and Cassidy had been counting down days for weeks. On Christmas Eve we kept the computer on to track Santa. Every 10 minutes or so one of them would check the computer and tell me which part of the world he was in. They were so excited I about never got them to sleep. They finally fell asleep around eleven. Zane was the first to awake on Christmas morning. He was so excited to see all of the tree. We had the couch in front of the tree this whole time. But early that morning I was up moving furniture and arranging presents. Everyone woke up then we took turns opening presents and then had a nice breakfast together. Cassidy is starting to figure things out though. I'm not the best at hiding presents and she had seen her Santa gifts in my room earlier in the week. So I told her Santa sent a few presents ahead of time. It was a very enjoyable Christmas, but it was also very tiring. I think I will try to take some vacation days around Christmas next year.

2 comments:

Emma's Mommy said...

We have got to get together soon to do our little Christmas. It will be Emma's birthday before we know it!!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

NICE! We too had to open a few gifts early =).