Monday, September 8, 2008

Babies at 12 Months

As a mom of twins I'm always trying to think of the fastest, easiest, less stressful way of doing things. Like the time I took all of my children to Kroger for a test run. I think the babies were only a couple of months old. I decided it was time for me to take all of them out to the store on my own to see how things would go. I didn't have any major shopping to do, so I figured it would be a good night to test things out. Shopping is always a challenge with young children. That's why it is always good to pray before you go into a store with several young children. And when they do start acting up just ignore everyone staring at you. Well anyway I was able to hold one baby and put the other in the cart that night. Mitchell and Cassidy listened and everything went smoothly. Now that it's several months later it seems silly to me. Because I take the kids out by myself all the time now. Of course it is a lot easier with assistants. The other day I was feeding the twins their dinner and cleaning the kitchen at the same time. Then it finally hit me to just give them a bath in the sink after dinner. Mothers have been doing it for years. It has made this last week a lot smoother. I can keep most of their dinner mess in a small area and still talk to the other baby while bathing the other. I tried putting both babies in our big tub the other night. With about two inches of water and a towel on the bottom of the tub. Not a good idea! Both babies stood up and went sliding down. Do you know how hard it is to grab to wet naked babies? I don't think I'll be trying that again for a while. Zane enjoying his sink bath. Plus he got enough water on the floor that I was just able to get the mop out and clean it.
Zoë loves the sink too!
Zane and Zoë have started sitting in all the little chairs in the house. They are doing so many new things. I love it now that their personalities really start showing and they are starting to figure more things out. But they are also starting to get more adventuress too. I found Zane on the couch yesterday. He climbed up all by himself. All of my children are climbers. Zoë almost climbed out of the port a crib a few days ago. Mitchell and Cassidy both climbed out of their cribs by 18 months.
They are both saying Daa Daa and Maa Maa now. Zane is starting to get clingy when I drop him off in the morning. They will be moving to the one year old room in day care next week. They both are taking several steps, but their not walking yet. But that's OK with me. They are already speed crawlers.
They love it when John grabs their arms and legs and swings them. Who needs an amusement park when you have dad.

1 comment:

Emma's Mommy said...

Considering that you didn't even have a big bathtub until a couple of years ago, I find it kinda funny that you never gave the other two sink baths. Guess you don't have the ducky tub anymore :-)

Saw the twins this morning...I still can't believe they are getting so big already!