Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This Labor day weekend we (my sister Angela, her kids, and mine) had planned to go to Holiday World. But then we came to our senses and decided to just go to Beech Bend Park. I'm glad we decided to do that. It was not crowded and we didn't have to drive very far to get there. Plus the kids had lots of fun. Zoë and mommy
Aunt Angela and Zane
My little nephew Austin(who is playing football for Central this year) and Zane

My niece Meriah and Zane
My Cassidy
Mercedes and Mitchell getting off the tilt a whirl.
Mitchell about drove us crazy this day. The moment we walked into the park he said he wanted to go on the tilt a whirl. If you know Mitchell he gets fixated on things and will not stop talking about it until he gets it. I told him we were going in the order of the rides and he would have to wait. I was so happy when we finally got to the tilt a whirl. He did get to ride it several times though. It was nice to be able to go back and fourth between rides and swimming, because it did get very hot that day. It was a nice little break for us all.
On labor day we just stayed around our house and pulled out the big inflatable pool. Cassidy and Mitchell took turns jumping off the diving board (fold out chair). The babies went back and fourth between the baby pool and wagon. They all had lots of fun.
Zoë trying to figure out the seat belts.
Cassidy and Zane in the big baby pool.

Mitchell using the inflatable dog sprinkler as a float.

1 comment:

Emma's Mommy said...

Isn't it great to just spend the day at home having fun with your family. *sigh* Having said that, I think I am ready for another holiday :-)