Monday, September 1, 2008

Babies Turn One

I'm a little behind on my blogging. Last weekend was Zane and Zoë's first birthday. I got the stomach bug right after and have been struggling to get everything back in shape, including my self. I had to work on their Birthday, but I did get done pretty early in the day. We went straight to their friend Samuel's first birthday party. Zane, Zoë and Samuel were all born the same day, at the same hospital, only a few hours apart. Everyone had fun at Samuel's. We missed most of the party, but we did get to swim and socialize for a while. Then we went home to celebrate the twins birthday. We decided to go very simple this year. It was just John, Mitchell, Cassidy, Zane, Zoë, Kirsten(our neighbor girl) and her dad. We sang to the babies and gave them each their own little cake. Zane tore into his cake. Zoë didn't want to mess with it(she does tend to like veggies best). Before all of this I noticed my camera was missing. I looked everywhere. My sister called late that night and said she had found it in her bag. So no first cake pictures, but I think we'll live. We got them a wagon as their gift. They have taken several rides in it already. They just like to hang out in it too. John celebrated his 46th Birthday on Friday. Cassidy made him the cutest little card and she even made him his cake(with just a little help from me). She is becoming and expert at cracking open eggs.
The twins also went to see Dr. Simmons on Friday for their well baby check up. She said everything looked good. Zane is now 22 lbs. 7 oz. and Zoë is 18 lbs. 4oz.. Of course Zane has not been feeling great since he got his immunization shots. I'm hoping he will be back to his happy self soon.




Zoë Zane & Samuel
Birthday Babies

4 comments:

Emma's Mommy said...

I cannot believe how big they are already. Of course, I also can't believe that it has been a year since they were born, so in my mind they are still these itty bitty babies.

I love the expression on Zoe's face in the last picture. It's like, Mom....where are my clothes?!?!?!

Terri said...

Can't believe they're one! Love their bibs.

Mary said...

I can't believe you were able to get a picture of all three babies with their birthday hats on! I wish I was there, but I am in spirit. Love you all!

Carla said...

I can not believe that they are one!!! I love the picture of them in the wagon, how cute! And Cassidy, what a big girl she is, baking a cake. You have a wonderful bunch of kids.