Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tonya's Commissioning

We (my parents, my three sisters, my two nieces and my four children) spent the weekend in our state capital. My sister Tonya, after two hard months of going through boot camp again, was made a lieutenant. She worked very hard and we are all very proud of her. She had to start her second year at Chase law on Monday.
My mom and Cassidy

This was my first trip to our state capital. I didn't realize the building was so nice. During our walk through the building Mitchell told Grandma, Grandpa and I that we should move in. He said "We can get some duct tape and tape ourselves to the ceiling, so that we can sleep". You never know what that kid is going to say.


Mitchell, Danielle, Tonya, Me and Angela



My family (Cassidy and Mercedes had taken a bathroom break and missed the picture and John had to work)



There wasn't a lot to do in Frankfort, but it was a very enjoyable trip. We got a little swimming in. And my parents had crazy moment and volunteered to watch all the kids. So I got to go out with my sisters. Thanks Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

Emma's Mommy said...

Great pictures! It is hard to believe that Tonya is all 'growed' up now!!! LOL! Glad you had a ggod weekend and were able to go out.

Carla said...

Congratulations to your sister! What a great accomplishment!!

Valerie said...

How exciting for Tonya and your family! What a great idea for your parents to babysit!! yay! We all need a little time away from the youngens.