Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back to School

This has been the most exhausting first week of school. The first day wore me out for the rest of the week. I was up at 4:45 a.m. , got myself dressed and full of coffee. Then I got Mitchell up, Cassidy up and dressed , and got the bottles and bags ready to go. Then I got the babies up and dressed and out of the house by 6:05 a.m. . My nieces Mercedes and Meriah now attend Lost River with Mitchell and Cassidy, so I told them I would drive them to school in the morning. I told them to be ready by 6. So I was a little late, but they were patiently waiting. I have always tried to be early or at least on time to places. But since the twins birth I am almost always late everywhere. It drives me crazy. Well anyway we are almost at the daycare and the girls notice that Cassidy is wearing flip flops. They inform me that they have read the Lost River hand book and she is not allowed. So we get the babies settled in with their daycare mom(Kim) and off we go to walmart. Well we made it to school at 7:05 am. I had wanted to be there when the doors opened at 6:50 am. I made them pose for some pictures and as you can see my two weren't very cooperative. I took Cassidy to class, she seemed comfortable enough. So I went and checked on Mitchell. He told me he was fine and to leave. Then I was off to work. It took me about 10 minutes just to get out of the parking lot. But I finally made it to work, just a couple of minutes late.
Cassidy


Mitchell


Mercedes


Meriah

Mitchell has had a great first week of school. His two best friends are in his class and sit next to him. He has a nice teacher whom he already knew from summer camp. Cassidy has had a harder time. None of her close friends from last year are in her class. They were all separated and she has had a hard time with this. But she does like her teacher and she did make new friends with a couple of girls in her class by the end of the week.
My sister Tonya has just gotten back from officer trainer camp too. She went through a lot of hard work(she said it was like boot camp but harder). But now she is a lieutenant. She will be starting her second year at Chase law soon too.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Hopeing that everyone soon gets settled into routines and new friends are made. I always hated the first weeks of school.

Emma's Mommy said...

That Mitchell sure is stubborn....I wonder where he gets that :-)

I hope Cassidy's days at school continue to improve. I hate that she felt so alone like that. She is such a social butterfly!

I would call you.......but you know.....you really need to get a new phone - LOL!!!!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

You lost me at "we're out of the house by 6 a.m." My goodness, that's early. Glad everyone is adjusting well to the new school year =).